Karla's Corner

I printed the photo on this LO years ago but wasn't sure how to scrap the very simple but cute story I wanted to tell. So it's been siting in one of my photo boxes for years. 



That changed yesterday when I got my order of Shimelle's new line. 

 

That "I think I'll stop here" die cut piece sparked something in me and brought this photo to mind again.

The story behind the photo:  I was just exhausted after walking around Rome all day. I decided to sit on this corner of a building and my husband decided to take a picture and named it  'Karla's Corner' for some reason. He says it's because I just kinda claimed it...maybe I sat down with aruthority? LOL
Who knows! We returned to the same spot a few times and if I didn't sit down, he would ask, 'Aren't you gonna sit in your corner?!' 

I used the sketch of the month over at My Scraps and More so I'm going to enter it into their monthly sketch challengeMy Scraps and More  is also where I bought my Shimelle goodies. I love their prices and customer service. Much, much better than some bigger scrapbooking stores. Hope you check them out.





Comments

  1. lol! i love your little corner! and excited to see you use those shimelle papers, they are so cute
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This such a wonderful page!! Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you journaled around the title. Thanks for playing along at My Scraps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome journaling! Thanks for playing at My Scraps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful page! Thanks for playing along at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun story behind this layout! Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhh great page, and love the papers and embellies!!! Thanks sooo much for playing along with My Scraps & More sketches!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute story! I love how your page turned out. Thank you for joining us at MSAM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun page. Love the view-master disc tucked into the layers. Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, Carla! I really love your layout...great mix of papers & embellishments! So glad you joined us over at My Scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! I love the colors, photo and the story you told! Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps and More Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

DCWV and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft

Christmas with Clear Scraps & DCWV

Spring Fling Blog Hop